Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hong Kong Day 4

Currently listening to:
Far, Regina Spektor

Hong Kong: Day 4

Not glad to leave Disneyland.
Not glad that it was the last night.
Glad that the day happened cause it cause it was fun-filled with bursting fond memories.

Daddy said the night before, "Sleep early okay. Get into the park earlier the next morning so we can see more."

OK!

I woke up an hour late. Got in there by noon. -.-".
I know. My fault. Bed too comfy can?

Did not know that there were more beyond what we could see from our room.
Thank god we were slightly curious.

Mommy behind. Couldn't wait to rush back into the hotel cause it was...HOT.

See the umbrella there? Cost me HKD75 on a rainy day.
Read further for it's despairing fate. *sniff*

But before that...

Cantik sial.

Moral of the story is, walk every freaking where till your legs give way. If you can still afford it, drag yourself until you need to be towed away. You won't know what's out there.

A few families were picnic-ing on the grass. O.o

No idea what car this is but there were a fleet of them on the street. Nice.

See the dark clouds there?

Rushed over to the park and reached there in time for lunch.

He managed to pose, smile and play a Bach on that thing. WTF. <3

The band. They played the Pocahantas theme and had choreographed movements.

I'd be proud if my Dad were one of them. HAH

Venue: Plaza Inn (Directly opposite Corner Cafe on Main Street USA)
Price: About HKD350

Seriously, can eat hay.

This was before the crowd came.

When we were done, the queue was as though the Tesco sale was on.

The inside. It's like a very posh Dim Sim restaurant.

Inspired by Mulan I read. But the waitresses wore...something that resembled Snow White's dress. Hmm...Ok I can't be that blind right...but...yeah...

Lanterns. Mommy tried to snap every time the colours changed. Haijor...so excited.

Beef Brisket noodles, Wanton Noodles, Dim Sum, Mixed Char Siew and Siu Yuk.
Tea.

Lovely.

Nice young...dunno lady or guy snapped this. Wanted the Enchanting Castle la dunno what the heck she snapped.

So I told Mommy to do it again.
With the nice 7-eleven Mary Poppins umbrella.

I'm pretty sure many thought we were from Mainland China.
But you think I give a fuck? Damn nice hokay?!

It's the Snow White and 7 Dwarfs fountain at the back. Too far. Too fat. Covered.

Then we saw the Carousel...the horses dazzled from a few hundred feet away.

See my gembira face? I wasn't the most gembira. I didn't initiate to ride.

Daddy did!
So being the obliging kid, I did as requested.

Ok shush I wanted to go on it as well. ><

He had a handsome pony. XD

So the story of the Umbrella ended when...
Mommy was snapping a picture of us on the Merry-Go-Round when...a dirt-low worthless bastard decided to...conveniently take it away when she was occupied.

Of course the mother went frantic. Walked around for a bit searching high and low till I said...

"Nevermind la. So cheap. Buy another one if it rains la".
In my mind, "Niaseng damn heartache".

Went for another round of the Mickey 4D show, laughed as loud as the first round and then left for the city.

This was on the way out.
Smells like coffee the ink they used. Did not clarify if it is...anyone can tell?

Wah...missing it a lot.

Took the bus out back to the same hotel. Different room. Better room.

There see...told you quite big. Can see empty parts of the floor. WOOT!

I was pretty stressed. Sunny was busy barbeque-ing with his friends in Sai Kung. It was too early for AngAng to come out too meet me so I was on my own, leading the parents to the places I'd like them to go.

Really. Stress.

So headed off about 3+pm, led them to the MTR station, bought them tickets and crossed over to Hong Kong.

Stopped at Wan Chai. Thought we'd hike up to Central like how it was done 5 years back but...my bad. They're parents. Not siblings. So back to the MTR after a short high-end window shopping to the next stop.


Took them a while to spot the Themis. It always appears blady huge in TVB series. Who'd have guessed it's that kecikmiao up there.

Managed to explain several buildings and landmarks that bordered the area. Proud sial.

Continued walking to Central...all depending on previous memories. Damn dangerous because...I don't recall having a memory.

But we made it. Proud sial number 2.

Had to take a picture here. Because 5 years back, I was here too...only a few steps higher at the building to the left.

Ah yes here. I know I'm ugly shaddap.

This building...brings back random memories of the moments after SPM.
NICE.

Walked up the streets, giving more details of the buildings around I sometimes wonder why I never considered being a HK tour guide.

Got slightly excited when we reached SOHO because I love the escalators.
Reminds me of Lavender.

He's an artist. Don't ask why he fell in love with this street.

Sometimes, stress does not come when they ask too much.
The height of it comes when they trust you entirely that you know where you're going. Honestly, with my Goldfish memory, it's a miracle we reached the island.

Thank god for policemen. *salute*

Went to HnM for some shopping. Got a glads sandals and bag for...dunno la damn cheap. Then continued walking. Bought cookies too. Loads of cookies.

Quote Anas Zubedy: You Are What You See.

I am fat because I see food.
I remember this particular Wanton Noodle shop that I vowed to bring them to.

Because...Carina Lau goes occasionally. HAH

Venue: 麥奀記 (Mak Ngan Gay), Lan Kwai Fong
Price: Approximately HKD60+

Note: Remember to tell the really impatient uncles that you want noodles along with their wanton or beef or pork or whatever you're ordering.

Or else it will come...with soup, ingredients and...cutleries. No noodles.
Got nicely lectured. HEH. Wanna know what he said ask me when you see me la k. Damn funny.

Noodles were yum. Really yum. So yum there wasn't any left in the end. All sucked dry. <3
Strolled along the streets until it was dark waiting for AngAng, because dinner at Yung Gay was supposed to be at 8.

It was 6.30pm. Went into an organic shop for tea.
Yeah. Food = Peanutxz.

Venue: Don't remember the name. 2 shops away from Cotton On, opposite Yung Gay.
Price: Don't remember. Quite reasonable I guess?

The parents continued drinking while I went on to meet the bitch for some light shopping before dinner. Never knew I missed her so much until I hugged her.

*sniff*

We basically just walked the streets yakking and laughing. Went into HMV and out again and bumped into this beggar that had loads of plastic bags tied to her body. Like...EVERY.SINGLE.INCH.

I thought it was a pile of rubbish. Until I went closer and saw...an old lady scrooged within.
Designers should be inspired. She looked pretty stylish I thought. No pictures. Not risking my life. She could shoot up and bite me.

But got this online.

Inspiring, ain't it?

8pm. Long awaited dinner arrived.

Venue: 鏞記 Yung Gay, Lan Kwai Fong
Price: HKD650

Eat dust. T.T

We made prior bookings because the place is usually packed. Yes it's an expensive restaurant...and yes, the locals are fucking rich.

I'm not rich. I just want my parents to prove me right. The Siu Ngor is fantabulous.

Oh-so-famous Siu Ngor that I have been talking about ever since my first visit 5 years back.

We had century egg (OMG MUST ORDER), vege, siu yuk, cha siew...and...ok don't remember.

The VIP section.

No idea why we were given a seat there. Most prolly cause AngAng looks like a hot rich tai tai.
YES! LAPS U!

Le sigh. How I miss her.

Left and walked around LKF because it was finally dark and the nightlife began.
Saw Dragon-I and many other posh bars that we were supposed to visit but lack time. Never mind. Next round. Compulsory task.

Journey back to TST seemed really short.
Angang was supposed to drop us off and she head on home but we weren't done so she accompanied us to the Avenue of Stars. AWWWWW

Parents were dead tired but insisted that they at least have a look at the island at night, try to make them fall for it and...hopefully return ASAP.

My plan was a huge success. *curtsies*

Did my tour guide job...did some geographical description...enjoyed the breeze and hunted the ice-cream van down.

Freaking lucky. It was there!!!

Gembiranye Jin Ang ni. Heart this pic.

Hate the texture.
But love the feeling of buying it.

The irony.

Saw her off at the jetty...no she took the bus home HEH.
Strolled back to the hotel with the parents and dried my sweat with the floor carpet cause we did not lose our ways and end up in New Territories. =.=|||

Darn proud number 3.
Supper, packed...slept.

Loves.


No comments:

Post a Comment